Come out to our newest monthly Meetup!
Hacking Hardware: the art of modifying something to make it your own and/or do what you want it to, whether or not it was meant to do it out of the box.
Do you like to hack/modify hardware? Are you a "MacGuyver" or Renaissance Man, or do you like Repurposing or Up-Cycling old electronic, electrical or mechanical devices?
How could anyone not enjoy watching a couple geeks dig into a pile of old "junk" with screwdrivers, prybars, snips, shears, hammers and occasionally power tools? Parts and pieces flying through the air, and an odd contraption coming to life before your eyes.
Think grandma's old can opener is junk? Or your ancient i386 computer? Dirty, crusty microwave from your dorm days, or that vacuum that sucked up one too many pennies or Lego's? Bring it in and watch us turn it into something new, cool, and yes, Geeky.
What to Bring:
- Safety Glasses if you've got 'em, if not we have loaners
- $5 cover
- Any interesting junk, scrap, or odd things you want to take apart and hack.
- Optional: Something that takes Pics/Vids
- Optional: Your own hand tools
- Your sense of humor and an open mind
- Future creation/project suggestions
- A date if you're not too much of a geek, a buddy if you are...
The Mayhem starts at 6PM, but if you can't make it until later, come on in.
Cover charge & Lab Fees
Non Members: $5
Current Members: Free
Meetup Lead: Shawn